Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Thursday, March 26

Am I Pregnant???

So yesterday my boss asked me if I was pregnant. My boss, being a 55yr old MAN…asked me if I was pregnant. And not the “pull you into his office quietly” way either. I got the “yell from one office to the other” way! WOW…how do you respond to something like that?


I mean, there’s the obvious…
· Say nothing, but how would he react to that?
· Say we’ll discuss things later…privately.
· March straight into his office and tell him what he had just done and was inappropriate, avoiding the answer.
· Say we’re trying.
· Throw him off guard and ask him if he’s pregnant? LOL
· Say I’ll let you know.
· Remind him that on April 28th, 2008 at 8:13am he said that Fred and I should try for another baby.


So what was my response from my office to his, allowing everyone else in the hallway to hear? “No…..Not yet!”


I am not pregnant right now. My husband and I have decided that it was time to start on #2 and I know that I hope to be pregnant soon. I also know that I did just turn in quite a few requests off forms for some Doctor’s appointments, which I did not specify what kind of Doctor I was seeing. I know that at this time something like that should be my business unless I am ready to share it and I KNOW THAT HE SHOULD KNOW THAT WE ARE CLOSE ENOUGH THAT I WOULD TELL HIM WHEN I WAS PREGNANT! I am fortunate to have a good relationship with my boss.


So I ask my readers…What would you say if your boss asked you if you were pregnant…the same way he asked me?? (And yes, I realize you may not have the relationship with your boss that I have with mine. Answer honestly!)

2 comments:

  1. Well, if I told him I was pregnant it might send him into cardiac arrest. Wait...which boss are we talking about?! ;-) LOL

    I can't believe he went about THE question that way...I didn't help matters any either because I immediately started giggling in my office when I heard him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...congrats on the trying...It always depends on the situation. When you have that kind of repoire (sp), all is ok. But you might wanna say, "hey, lets keep it between us till I know for sure you're not the father." He might blush in embarressment and get the hint. But I'm sarcastic like that so that works for me.

    ReplyDelete