So yesterday my boss asked me if I was pregnant. My boss, being a 55yr old MAN…asked me if I was pregnant. And not the “pull you into his office quietly” way either. I got the “yell from one office to the other” way! WOW…how do you respond to something like that?
I mean, there’s the obvious…
· Say nothing, but how would he react to that?
· Say we’ll discuss things later…privately.
· March straight into his office and tell him what he had just done and was inappropriate, avoiding the answer.
· Say we’re trying.
· Throw him off guard and ask him if he’s pregnant? LOL
· Say I’ll let you know.
· Remind him that on April 28th, 2008 at 8:13am he said that Fred and I should try for another baby.
So what was my response from my office to his, allowing everyone else in the hallway to hear? “No…..Not yet!”
I am not pregnant right now. My husband and I have decided that it was time to start on #2 and I know that I hope to be pregnant soon. I also know that I did just turn in quite a few requests off forms for some Doctor’s appointments, which I did not specify what kind of Doctor I was seeing. I know that at this time something like that should be my business unless I am ready to share it and I KNOW THAT HE SHOULD KNOW THAT WE ARE CLOSE ENOUGH THAT I WOULD TELL HIM WHEN I WAS PREGNANT! I am fortunate to have a good relationship with my boss.
So I ask my readers…What would you say if your boss asked you if you were pregnant…the same way he asked me?? (And yes, I realize you may not have the relationship with your boss that I have with mine. Answer honestly!)