Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Wednesday, March 4

I'm Back!!!

It's true...I am finally back from Mexico. What was supposed to be a short trip.... ended up being a lot longer than I had expected, and not for the better. But I will talk about my trip and put up pictures later.

Although I had a wonderful time in Mexico, my heart just isn't in the mood to feel excitement right now. I received some terrible news today and I am still trying to process it. You see, when I was 13, I began watching a 2 week old baby girl named Lauren. Her parents were close friends with my parents, and when Lauren was born, my parents were asked to be her God parents. I continued to babysit Lauren through the years and when she was 2 1/2, she had a new baby sister that I began to watch as well. When I turned 17, I stopped babysitting them and started working at Caesar's Palace. When I stopped babysitting, my sister took over. Lauren later had a baby brother and my sister went on watching all three of them. I realize you may be asking what this has to do with anything, but I am getting to that. You see, our families were very close. So close that this past summer, Lauren was old enough to do her own babysitting. She babysat my nephew all of last summer. Do you see now? We kind of went full circle. Is was pretty neat. We were all together in June for my nephews birthday and we were laughing about how far we had all come.

This morning I found out that Lauren had passed away yesterday. For the respect of her family, I am not going to discuss the details of her tragic death. She was only 16 and had a beautiful and bright future ahead of her. She should have never been taken from us so soon. Lauren was truly loved by her friends and family.

My heart goes out to her family. My thoughts and prayers are with you R & S. I love you guys!!

Lauren, may you rest in peace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment