Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Sunday, March 29

Weekend Cap...

I figured I'd log on and do a quick blog about my weekend....and yes, I am aware that the weekend is not completely over yet. I just finished cleaning up from dinner and thought that the rest of the evening is going to get pretty busy.

Friday night as you all know, I had a party at my house. ;-) I and thousands of other bloggers had private parties inside the comfort of their own homes. Let me tell you, this party ranked pretty high on the party scale. I did not have to entertain anyone in my home, did not have to worry about a menu and there was no clean-up. It was a quiet night at the Delima residence on the computer.

Saturday night I had some of my closet friends and brother-in-law over for dinner. It was Italian night. My friend Chris came over and made Olive Gardens' Zuppa Tuscana soup. MMMM MMMM GOOD! It was better than the restaurants. I made two types of pasta and sauces. Ok. I attempted to make two types of sauces. The red meat sauce came out great. I did that in the crock-pot....no brainer. Then I moved onto the Alfredo sauce.....thank goodness for Chris being there! I followed the recipe from scratch (so I thought) and couldn't figure out why the sauce was not thickening up. I used all the unhealthy fats that it called for, kept whisking away and still nothing! Well after about an hour (thank God I started them way early) Chris asked me if I used grated cheese? Well of course I did....here is the container....wait a minute...no I didn't. That's right, you can't use shredded cheese in place of grated cheese. Well let me tell you, as soon as I put grated cheese in, that sauce was perfect. It was just like being at Olive Garden, we had soup, salad, bread, pasta and desert....Enzo said "where there's food, there's family". I couldn't have said it better myself! It was a great night of food and family!

Today we got up and went to church. It was a great service until I got into one of those coughing fits and had to walk out to look for a water fountain. If I didn't, I think the camera guy next to me would have started filming me until I did. He's always so funny. We sit in the same spot every week and hold small talk with the camera guy. Hmmmm?? Come to think of it, I'm going to have to ask him his name next week. All this time we've talked, I never got his name. Anyway....once my fit was gone I went back in. If your ever interested, our services are shown live at http://www.famchurch.net/. For dinner we had London broil that I marinated this morning, red potatoes and veggies. We finished it off with ice cream sundaes. Yummy! Now it's off to laundry and then off to bed.

Tomorrow's another day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you will come back soon.
    I am going to have a "card box" giveaway every month. With so many comments, I decided this must be a prize that bloggers wanted.
    This drawing will be the last day of April.
    Every comment you leave throughout the month will enter your name in the drawing.
    This NEW blogger was so touched by all the comments I got on the Blog Party, that I decided to make this a monthly GIFT...
    Also, if you mention my blog, telling about the monthly giveaway, you will have your name entered 10 extra times...How is that for an incentive?
    I was so blown away by all the responses that I wanted to email each person personally, but TIME... just has not permitted..but I did love reading all of them..I am continuing to introduce my family members and then there will be some fun blogs coming up from Disney World in May.
    I am so thankful for all my new friends.

    ReplyDelete