(After she just ate an entire Ice Cream cone)
Wednesday, May 27
Tuesday, May 26
Wednesday, May 20
Tuesday, May 19
And yes, the wine glass says "Will trade husband for wine"
Today Fred and I got up, took Alexi to daycare and then headed over to the nutritionist. (The reason for the nutritionist is discussed in a previous blog) The day was going well...we went to breakfast, headed off to Sam's Club to pick up some coolers for camping and then headed home to make some new flower beds in the backyard. Now I know, who gets excited about doing yard work on their birthday? Well, I did this year. It was actually very therapeutic and I enjoyed it very much. After working on the yard, Fred took me to Freemason Abbey for dinner. Mmmmmmmmm. Let me tell you, I've been dreaming about eating here again for the last 2 years and now I will be dreaming about eating there for probably the next two years. It's one of those places you save up for and eat at during a special occasion without the children.
Anyway, we ended the evening having ice cream cake at home with Alexi and once we put Alexi to bed I got to soak in a quiet bath without any interruptions. Yup, I have to say I had a great birthday!!
Monday, May 18
- NO means NO! Why would you think that I really want to say yes if I already said NO!
- When I put out the Children at Play signs in the street, it means you need to slow down and pay attention!!
- If you don't slow down and hit one of the kids, I will nail your _ss so hard you won't know what hit you!
- If you are driving in the fast lane, you had better be driving faster than those in the right lane.
- If you say yes and agree to do something, it is only right to follow through with it!
- There is no reason why you can't be honest with your friends. If they are your true friends, they will keep an open mind with you opinions.
What are your six pieces of advice that you think are obvious, but feel that people need to hear?
Sunday, May 17
- Friday night when I was picking Alexi up from daycare, I threw my back out yet again. Yes, I was on the floor! I have an appointment tomorrow for a massage to see if it relieves some of the pain. I have been having back problems lately and if I don't get a hold on it, I can forget getting the pavers laid in my backyard. Just my luck!
- Now last month, my good Ole' friend Mirena left me for good. She and I had become so close in the last two years, and I owe it all to her for having two and a half years of no visits from Aunt Flo. It has been wonderful!! Well.......that has all come to a halt. I woke up yesterday morning to a visit from Aunt Flo, and trust me, she is making up for not visiting in over two years! Just my luck!
- Well after dealing with my new "company" I went to the oceanfront for the Neptune's Wine Festival with my friends Michelle and Katie. We started off at the Reagal Beagle for some lunch and a couple of Bloody Mary's. Mmmmmmmm, Mark has def. mastered the Bloody Mary's! Anyway, after lunch we headed over to the Wine Festival. We were having a great time hovering over the Farm Fresh stand getting refills of the Sangria. Again, I must say mmmmmmmm. The Sangria was the best I had sampled at the festival. I recommend everyone take a trip to Farm Fresh for some. Anyway, we were having a great time until it started pouring. Just my luck!
- Since it was raining we headed across the street to Dough Boy's to dry off and get a bite to eat. Besides, we probably needed to lay off the wine a little. OK, maybe I had to lay off the wine a little ;-) Any who, after some pizza and two Aloha Rita's, I was done. And somehow, Fred must have known I was too! I'm sitting there enjoying myself, when my lovely husband called me to tell me that he was close to the beach and wanted to pick me up to have dinner with he and my daughter. I have to admit, I was a little annoyed because this was not planned and I was having a great time with the girls. I didn't fight him over this, I figured it was after 5, the festival was over and I admit, I needed to stop drinking. So Fred came down and got me; he was so excited b/c he and Alexi planned on taking me to dinner. Yeah, um....that did not happen. As I sat in the car, all the alcohol crept up on me and in no time, I was asleep. Yup! Our special dinner was drive through at McDonald's while mommy was passed out in the car! Just my luck!
- Today I woke up to it drizzling outside. Grrrrr, didn't I make it clear to Mother Nature that I wanted to work on the backyard! Well, we were able to lay out a couple of pavers before it started pouring on us. We ended up having to move on to cleaning the inside of the house. Although it was nice to get all the housework done, my plans for outside were ruined. Just my luck!
- After cleaning the house, we went to pick up my car, went to Mexican for dinner and then had ice cream at Bruster's. Things were great and I was excited that I was able to make up for last night, but then it happened.....I threw my back out yet again! I went home, took a muscle relaxer and soaked in a hot Epsom salt bath. Tomorrow's massage can't come fast enough. Just my luck!
I'm hoping my luck changes soon. I only have one more day of work left and then I am on vacation. Boy, I can't wait!
Thursday, May 14
What's my solution? The Gym. Fred and I decided we were going to join the YMCA again. We neeeeeed to. For those that know me personally, you know that my husband is far from overweight, yet he still has genetic adult Diabetes. We was diagnosed last year and we thought we had it under control. Thought was the word. Well we were wrong! Fred went for this years physical and to have his blood work re-worked. Yeah, um.... he came home with 6 new prescriptions. Just in case you thought you read that wrong I will spell it out for you, he came home with SIX new prescriptions. He also came home with a machine that he has to use to check his sugar and an appointment to meet with a nutritionist. Yes, we have no choice but to take better care of ourselves. Not just for ourselves, but for our daughter and future children.
So here's to a new start. A healthier Start.
Tuesday, May 12
Well this week I did not track my food at all. Not one bit! I am worried that I may have gained those 3 sticks of butter back :( We'll see tomorrow I guess.
- I will be spending Saturday down at the ocean front for this years wine festival. I have been waiting for this since last year. (I had to last minute not go b/c my grandmother fell and broke her ankle, which meant a unplanned trip to Myrtle Beach. I love you grand mom!!) The day will start off with breakfast/brunch at Big Sam's at Rudy Inlet (maybe a Bloody Mary or two ;-) ) and then wining it up with some friends. Yes....I will be sporting my new tank top that has a wine glass on it and says "Mommy needs a time out" and my new wine glass woozie.
- Sunday will be a full day of working on the backyard. Here's an update: The backyard is fully tilled up and leveled. We bought a new shed, but it sits in the old shed. Go figure!, Fred is suppose to lay the concrete this weekend for the new shed and get dirt delivered/picked up for my new flower beds. (I still need to finish designing the layout of the beds) Other than having all the plants planted, I hope to have the beds finished no later than Wednesday morning.
- Monday will be my final day of work until after Memorial Day. YAY! Although I am not going to make it to Mexico until later this summer due to the whole "swine flu" thing, I am still taking off b/c I NEED IT!!
- Fred asked me what I wanted for my birthday and here was my answer..."I want to finish working on the backyard and then go to an early dinner at Freemason Abby's" (The last time I went I loved it!!) He said "done". So that is what I will be doing on Tuesday. :-)
- Wednesday I will be hopefully tying up loose yard ends and packing for camping. That's right, we are leaving on Thursday late morning and heading to Hatteras, NC for a long camping weekend. I soooo can not wait!! I love camping!
These are a few things that I get to look forward to in the next week. I will post some pictures of all the events as they come along. I am having an eventful start to my summer.
How about you? What do you have planned this summer?
Monday, May 11
Anyway, the weekend was a great stress reliever....at least until Sunday morning. Yes....I woke up Mother's Day Morning to Alexi throwing up and having diarrhea. All day long! Well the diarrhea was all day long. Ugh!!!! Yes my Mother's Day weekend was filled with the beach, fun, arts & crafts, Blue Moon, great seafood, vomiting and diarrhea.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME.
I realize this isn't how anyone would typically want to spend their Mother's Day, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!!
Monday, May 4
Sunday, May 3
Oh that's right, I stayed home and played with Alexi. You see, already I am loosing it!
Anyway, to get back on track....my weekend started off great. I hung around the house Friday night and played with Alexi while Fred and our friend Chris went shopping for their fishing trip on Saturday. Things were great; it was a good night. Saturday morning Alexi and I slept in til 9 and then had waffles for breakfast. After we were done, Alexi "helped" mommy wax her legs. Actually she made sure to point out where the hair was on my legs (she's so observant). Anyway, after that was done we spent some mommy and me time. We got washed up, treated ourselves to some shopping at Target, had lunch and then headed off to get pedi's (well mommy got a pedi, Alexi just got her toes painted the same color as mommies). It was good quality time for Alexi and I. When we were all finished, we went home and got cleaned up for dinner. We were heading out to the Court Street Cordials in downtown Portsmouth with a group of friends for my friend Elizabeth's birthday. (It's just like The Melting Pot, only with a more city feel atmosphere. I highly recommend it, but for adults only. We took our kids with us and its not the most appropriate place to bring them along to.) Anyway, it was a great time for all. I could not have asked for a better day.
This morning I woke up feeling really great. Fred had left for church already (he sings in the 9 am service and then comes to pick Alexi and I up for the 11 am service). To quote "I was feeling great".... Alexi on the other hand was not. Her poor allergies. She was coughing so hard she was gagging. Needless to say, I texted Fred and told him not to come pick us up for the 11 am service and to just stay there to sing for it. Well that did not happen either. My neighbor was mowing my other neighbors house lawn (long story) and came running to my house yelling about a snake being 4" thick and as long as she was. Well of course I flipped out and texted Fred to come home now! I'm sorry to those that might think this is cruel, but I wanted that thing dead before it got to my daughter or any of the other neighbor kids. Anywho, after recruiting a neighbor and Fred arriving home, the so called 4" thick snake that was over 5' was killed (only to find out it was only 2" think and about 2 1/2' long...oh-well...it was dead). After all the hype was gone, Fred told me some disturbing news that was announced at the church that not only took me by surprise, but is making me question a lot more than I expected to on a day like today.
He told me that it was announced that our Pastor had an inappropriate relationship with the Youth Pastors wife (I will leave the details up to your imagination, most likely your imagination is right so no need to go there). It was as if the world had just stopped. I didn't know what to say. What do you say in a situation like this? Here is a person that I looked up to. Someone that made me want to go to church, after growing up in a household not being allowed to talk about God. This was someone that I respected and spoke so highly of. I was baptized in his presence and my husband met with him privately on personal matters. How could this be? Fred said that everyone just cried in the sanctuary. Part of me is glad that I was not there to witness as the Assistant Pastor spoke of this with tears in his eyes. I honestly don't know what I would have done.
This has hit me so hard that I can't seem to snap out of whatever I am feeling. My husband keeps telling me that that's why we don't follow a man for faith, but that we are to follow only God. I am having a tough time with this. When I was in that sanctuary, that is where I felt the closest to God, now I'm worried that I may not have that feeling again. I honestly am not sure I want to continue going there. I understand that they are just two people out of hundreds that are there and there are others to turn to, but the one that everyone counted on has lost our trust and just might have crushed our faith! Is this God testing me and my faith? I hope not, because right now I might be failing and it scares me.