Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Wednesday, September 9

The secret

So last week I said that I was heading back to Pennsylvania, but that I could not say why. Well now I share my secret....my siblings and I had a surprise birthday party for my parents. My mother turned 50 on Aug. 6th and my dad turns 50 on Sept. 24th (I know, they are young, they started their family at a young age.)

Anywho, it was so much fun. I first told my parents that I was flying in. This gave my siblings and I no other choice but to drive my sisters small car to pick our parents up. Yup, picture this: 5 adults in a 4 door Mazda. 2 of the adults are over 6 ft, 2 adults get hot flashes (yes, I'm one of them) and the shortest adult who scares us behind the wheel was the driver. Yes....gotta love my family. Let's just say it def. gave us time to bond. Lol. On a serious note, it was a lot of fun. We joked and laughed as we took my parents to the Picture People to have a new family photo done. We were all so surprised at how great the pictures turned out. (The last family photo we had was when I was like twelve and I have a sour pus look on my face)

After our photo shoot we took my parents to my Aunts house for a surprise party. (Only it wasn't so much a surprise b/c someone had spilled some of the beans before hand. But it worked out anyway, so that was not big deal. My parents didn't know details.)

The theme was memories. We had hung up old and new pictures of my parents all around the house (that was hilarious b/c we even put some in the bathroom). I had also typed up memories that myself and siblings had growing up and taped them on the leftover invitations (which were a picture of my parents at my wedding). I then taped them all over the house. This was such a fun thing to do. All the guests had a good time reading the memories and looking at the pictures. We also had the guests get involved with the fun. As each guest arrived, they had to write down on a little paper a memory they had with my parents and put it in a bucket. Just before we did the cake, my sister read each memory and my parents had to guess whose memory it was. Let me tell you, we all were laughing. Everyone had good memories, but I think the best one was when my sister read "My memory was when it was just the two of us". It took us all a minute to figure out whose memory it was. We are fortunate to still have my Great Grandfather around and his memory was of him and our Great Grandmother together starting our crazy family. How sweet is that!!

So that was the secret. It was such a good time for all! My parents said they were so happy and grateful for the party. They truly loved every bit of it.

Pictures are still to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment