Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Wednesday, October 28

The first real meltdown

Yesterday afternoon I decided I was feeling like I could eat something. Finally, to have something substantial in my stomach. I decided to eat a small bowl of raisin bran. I figured that couldn't be so bad and I could use all the calcium and fiber I can get, right? Well, I think I was wrong.

About 20 minutes after eating, I figured I would try to take a bath and get washed up....finally, since coming home from the hospital. (Mind you, Fred and Alexi were not home yet) I wanted to try to do it on my own.

That's when the meltdown began. I filled the tub, no problem. I got undressed up to my bra. Please tell me why I could not get my bra off with one hand? I know guys do it all the time! Well I kept trying and couldn't. I don't know if I was just getting frustrated or what, but I lost it. I balled and balled on the bathroom floor. This whole process has been so terrifying to me and I think I just reached my breaking point.

Well of course what happens next while I'm sitting there, eyes full of tears? Yup...I start getting sick. Ugh!!! Just what I needed! I have not been able to keep anything down since Saturday morning...I mean nothing! Fluids just started staying down yesterday.

Today I get a break from the IV fluids. Dr. wants to see what I can get and keep down on my own today. I obviously don't get to take the IV lines out of me yet; they are a little bit more permanent, but at least I don't have to carry around the backpack full of fluids. Oh-well, we will see how things go today. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have Hyperemesis. I have 2 friends that were prone to this when they were pregnant. One was hospitalized for several weeks until it calmed down.

    I hope things get better for you!

    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete