Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Sunday, November 8

What did you just say?!?!?

The other day Alexi and I were outside playing kickball. It's been our usual routine after nap time to stretch our legs and enjoy the fall weather.

Well we were kicking the ball back and forth when all of a sudden my daughter sparked the following conversation:

Alexi: Mommy I need to take a break.

Mommy: How come?

Alexi: I need to take a smoke break.

Mommy: You need to what?!?!?

Alexi: I need to smoke (as she pinched her fingers together and put them to her mouth)

Well let me tell you...this was the last thing I had expected to hear come out of my daughters mouth!! And although I was furious, I did not yell at her. I just said that smoking was not something children or adults should do and I did not want her to ever say that again. I then called my husband while he was at work and "nicely" gave him a piece of my mind on the situation.

You see, I don't smoke...never have. My husband on the other hand has smoked ever since I met him over 11 years ago. Now although he has never been allowed to smoke in our home or cars, my daughter has seen him smoke outside. She is well aware of daddy's extra curricular activity and just like any curious child, she wants to do the same.

Needless to say; this has been a push for my husband to quit smoking...for many reasons. You see, he felt so guilty when he heard what she had said and he has been talking for quite some time now about quiting, so I hope this is it. Not to mention, due to my current work situation we can't really afford the added expense. Wish him luck; I know it's not going to be easy for him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I hope your hubby can quit. My Dad smoked for years...not good. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am sorry you too are struggling w/ your pregnancy. I'll keep you in mind while on bedrest. And cute diaper cakes BTW! :)

    Heather
    The Gift Closet

    ReplyDelete