Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Tuesday, March 9

Viewers Discretion Is Advised

NOTE: DO NOT LOOK/READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH!!
So the last week has been busy and emotional. We are finally settled back at home. We are very fortunate to have great families. Freds mom and sisters came the beginning of last week and helped move our furniture back. They also cleaned and organized my entire house. Let me tell you, my in-laws don't mess around when it comes to cleaning and getting organized. They came last Monday and left last Wednesday. My mom and sister then came on Thursday and continued the cleaning and organizing. I am so happy bc the girls rooms are finally put together (pics to come later). We are so fortunate.

We thought for sure that I was going to have Emma yesterday, but we are going to continue to keep her in as long as possible. I have an NST appt. on Thursday, and then another Dr's visit/ultrasound on Monday. We will be setting an induction date for the last week of March (I will be 36 1/2 weeks). We are going to try to keep her in until then. I am handling all this back and forth the best that I can without having an absolute breakdown. I'm excited that Emma is doing well enough to stay nice and cozy inside my belly. Me on the other hand....well I'm not hanging it so well. I am back to praying to the "Porcelain God" and losing weight. My Dr. is concerned about that....so concerned that I have this again:

Yes....today I had to have another pick-line put in. (I warned you ahead of time, its not pretty) For those of you that are new to my blog or just not aware, my Dr. had made me put a pick-line (a portable IV line) in a few months ago in my right arm. I only had it in for a short period of time, but long enough to leave a scar. This time I have one in my left arm. I am still not 100% ok with this, but I know that deep down its for the best.

I don't get a say in the matter, I get to carry this around for the next 3 weeks.

Packed with this:Yup....my unfashionable new hand bag comes with an IV bag (full of vitamins and anti-nausea meds) and an obnoxious pump. So what do I get to do for the next 3 weeks?...I get to play nurse and change my lines twice a day. Fun Fun Fun!!!

And for my friends...when you come to my house and go in my fridge for an ice cold beverage, look out for the ice cold bags of fluids. They are officially taking over my fridge!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh honey I'm sorry things are going so rough. But I'm thrilled that Emma is doing ok and you'll be able to keep her safe and sound inside for a few more weeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel. One day at a time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, CD...are you still on bed rest, too??

    Thinking happy thoughts for you & Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, bedrest as needed. If I am feeling up to it I am allowed to go to work or do things around the house. The last couple of days I've mostly been resting when I haven't been in the hospital. Yesterday was a really bad day and we have had to make some difficult decisions :(

    Thanks for the happy thoughts. Hope you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete