Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Wednesday, May 12

Planet What?

Ok, so humor me here. Picture this. Your watching TV about space aliens. The alien comes down and says to the human "I am BC and I am from planet Implanon". Can you picture it? (Alright, I realize this may be a joke for one, but seriously....this is what comes to mind when I say the word Implanon.)

Anyway, when I went to my 6 week follow-up visit after having Emma, my Dr and I had to discuss all my birth control options. (Yes, for those of you that are wondering, I am going to hold off having my tubes tide. I will leave that for another blog.) We discussed the pill, but I would rather not having to worry about taking something everyday. I never remember to take my vitamins and diabetic med. everyday, let alone having to worry about bc. We also discussed my old friend Mirena. Ohhhh Mirena, we had grown pretty close before I got pregnant, too bad the hubby didn't care for you :(

SOOO my Dr recommended the Impanon. Its a bc that last 3yrs. It is a little rod you actually insert into your arm. For further details click here. I have decided to try it. I had to order it, so I will let you all know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Is it like the Norplant or whatever that birth control was that was inserted into your arm?

    I'm getting ready to start year two of my second go-round with Mirena and I couldn't be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle-It is the same concept as the Norplant, only it lasts 3yrs instead of 5 like the Norplant. From what I have read, the Norplant was banned in the states in 2002.

    After doing some research, I'm not sure if I'm going to have the Impalanon put in now. I have some reservations now. As far as the Mirena, my Dr. informed me that I can't have it put in bc of the miscarriage before Emma; not to mention Fred was not a fan ;-)

    ReplyDelete