Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Monday, January 23

A Pastor's Wife I Am Not...Not Yet

This weekend I was talking with one of my girlfriends and I was telling her how the hubs assisted his father (whom for those that don't know is a Pastor in Philadelphia) during my Aunt's wedding ceremony.  My Aunt had asked Fred if he could marry her and her fiance, thinking he was already ordained.  He was not, but was honored at the request.  Her next choice in line was my FIL.  I'll spare the details, but in the end, Fred and my FIL performed the service together.  It was perfect!! 

My FIL on the left and Fred on the Right
Doesn't Fred look so handsome?

Since then, Fred has had another request from a family member to marry her and her fiance this August.  Again, honored at the request, he said yes.  Only this time he will be performing the service by himself.  The hubs has decided to officially become ordained.  Now I don't mean one of those online fly by night services.  He is actually looking into taking the proper courses to obtain his certification.  This isn't something my husband takes lightly.  This is something very serious to him.  He's always had a way with talking and communicating to others that invites you in.  He's sincere.  He's honest.  He's funny. He's perfect for this task.

So when I finished my story to my friend, she said "It looks like you will be becoming a pastor's wife!". I sat there for a minute and said "No, I don't think so.  Not a Preacher Man....A Good Man!"


**In all honesty, I don't know how I would feel if Fred came to me one day and said he wanted to change his career to Pastoring.  Ultimately it would be his decision, but I'm just not sure how I would feel about it.**

No comments:

Post a Comment