Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Thursday, March 8

So in love

After 14years, I am still just as much in love with the hubs as the day I met him. 
Story time

In January of 1998, I met the man that I would eventually call my husband.

Fred (aka the hubs) and I met in my parents’ kitchen.  I was a senior in high school planning my year end adventures.  Fred was 23 and having fun with the boys.  Fred was friends with my brother (whom is older than me) and a mutual friend, Scott (whom we had known since we were young kids.  Fred and Scott lived 2 hours away, but Scott’s parents owned a vacation home in our neighborhood.)  
My aunt and uncle (from New Jersey) were visiting for the weekend. It was a Saturday night and I had just gotten home from work (I worked at Caesar’s Palace as a maid during my senior year).  I can remember being dropped off by my best friend Cathy and being in a foul mood bc our day ran late. While I was eating, my aunt came into the kitchen to chat for a bit.  She then brought Fred in (wearing his Pennie loafers and all) and said she had someone for me to meet. (She had met Fred previously when my brother and “the boys” as they were always called, went to visit her.)  After she introduced us to one another, she then proceeded to give us her predictions as follows:
-She said that we would start dating.
-She said that Fred would end up being my prom date.
-That we would end up moving in together.
-That we would not only get married, but that we would marry on her birthday (she threw her birthday in bc she and my uncle got married on my 10th birthday.)

Well Fred and I sat there in my mom’s kitchen for 5 hours talking.  At the end of the evening I had given our friend Scott one of my senior pictures.  Fred then asked for one.  I gave it to him.  Being Mr. Smooth, he asked for my number on the back of it.

Needless to say, we went to the prom together, we moved in together, and we were married in 2004, two years after we were transferred to VA with Fred's company.  We had little A in 2006 and little E in 2010. 

There has not been a day that's gone by that Fred has not told me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am to him. 

Last night as I sat on the couch with my head on his shoulder, all I could think of was how lucky I was to have Fred in my life.  After 14yrs, we are still so very much in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment