Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Saturday, June 16

WAIT!!!! Take it off.....

Ok...I'm not really talking to you.  And I don't really mean that wait.  I'm referencing to myself.  And I really mean this kind of weight.  Gosh this post is starting to sound stupid.....sigh.

Ok, let me start over.

I mentioned previously that I went to see Dr. B last week to discuss some issues I was having and said that for the most part things were fine. Well...I wasn't going to discuss this on my blog, but here goes anyway. One thing that I didn't mention was that we discussed my weight.  Last week I decided to get a handle on my weight problem concerns. I've tried it all.  I'm a member of weight watchers, I've done the working out 7 days a week thing at the gym (before kids mind you. These days that's just not an option.) I've done the whole "well I'm just not going to eat anything diet" (Ummm...it really does not work. I could go on with all the reasons why, but I think your all smart enough to know better).  I've done the South Beach diet, the lemon diet, the counting only calories diet, the workout videos.....you name it, I've done it.  But still today, one thing remains....I gain it right back. I know its supposed to be a lifestyle adjustment, but up until lately, I haven't gotten it.  I mean REALLY gotten it.

You see...my appt. with Dr. B. didn't just confirm that sometimes I can be a hypochondriac (OK, more than just sometimes).  It confirmed that although treatable, I have a few other issues going on with my body that carrying this extra weight causes/contributes to.  I'm not going to go into details at the moment.  I'm waiting to get some test results back first.....and then when I'm ready to, I'll share.  Maybe.....sigh.

But until then, Dr. B. recommended following the book The 17 Day Diet.  I started it and we will see how it works.  There's a few things in it that I don't like and will have to adjust slightly, but I'm now committed to getting healthy. For good.  For my health.  I have noticed a difference so far and I think cutting out the soda (although I only drank diet) is a key factor.

So in the meantime, I'm going to work really hard on taking it off....I'm talking about the weight. Lol. I'll try to keep you all up with how things are going with it.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll be alright with sharing some of the issues i am experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment