Welcome

Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy!

Oh...and thanks for stopping bye!!!

Monday, December 10

Baking fool...I'm not this year.

I wish I could say that I was in the baking mood this season like I usually am each year, but I'm not.  I have not baked one cookie or dipped one pretzel.  Sigh...

I did make some of our favorite Brazilian treats on Sunday when I started craving some Beijinhos de Coco.  Mmmmm my favorite.  Besides, they are super easy and require almost no ingredients at all. (Now I'm forewarning you now, I did not take many pics and the ones I did are not very good.  Your hands tend to get very messy making these treats.)

Beijinho de Coco
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tbs butter
1/4c sweetened flaked coconut (plus some extra to role them in at the end)
Whole Cloves for decoration (optional)
Bring milk and butter to a simmer (med. to low heat). Continue to cook, stirring constantly until the milk has reduced to half and thickened.  This can take about 20mins. (You know its ready when you drag your spoon through the middle of the mixture and it doesn't melt back to the middle of the pan quickly.)  Remove from heat and stir in coconut flakes. Allow to cool for a few miniutes. 
 Grease a plate, pour mixture and chill in fridge for at least an hour.  Once chilled, grease your hands with butter and make small bite size balls.  Roll balls into left over coconut.  You can add a clove to it for decoration and a bit of flavor, but that's completely optional.  Just remember to remove it before eating.

Cajuzinho
Ingredients are the same as the Beijinho de coco minus the coconut, but add:
1c roasted and ground peanuts
2 tsp of chocolate
Refined sugar to roll them in at the end
Roasted peanuts for decoration (optional)

 I put my peanuts in a bag and smashed them with my rolling pin.
 Follow same steps, adding the peanuts and chocolate as well.


 After they are chilled, they are rolled into a kinda elongated looking ball (kinda like a peanut shape). Roll them into the sugar and place a peanut on the end.  These are the hubs favorite!!!

Brigadeiro
Same as Beijinho de coco minus the coconut, but add:
3tbs unsweetened cocoa
Chocolate jimmies for decorationg


 Its best to place these in individual mini cupcake wrappers lined with papers found in cake hobby stores.
Here is a pic of the Beijinho de coco's and the Brigadeiros while the hubs and I was rolling them.  I did not get a pic of the Cajuzinho's when finished bc the hubs would not stop eating them.  Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment